Consideration of Personal Information Privacy
Mainstream Fund Services has developed the following policy when handling personal information to protect the privacy of individuals we deal with in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) that came into effect on 12 March 2014 and Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Individuals have the option of not identifying themselves or using a pseudonym when contacting Mainstream. However, if an individual elects not to identify themselves or to use a pseudonym, only publicly available information will be disclosed to them. Identification is always required prior to disclosing any account-specific information.
Collection of Personal Information
Mainstream collects relevant personal information which is necessary to complete functions or activities, personal information includes:
- An individual's name, contact details and identification numbers (which may include government-issued tax file numbers).
- Date of birth
- Any interactions with an individual including by telephone, email and online if arranged with a contracting party.
- The products and services we provide to an individual or have provided in the past.
- Any inquiries or complaints
Personal information collected by Mainstream is used to:
- Provide the individual with a product or service
- Maintain the individual's contact details
- Meet our legal obligations (in particular, obligations relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing and taxation).
Mainstream does not generally collect sensitive information unless required to by law. Sensitive information includes:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political or religious beliefs
- Health information
- Sexual orientation and practices
- Criminal convictions
- Membership of professional associations or trade associations or unions.
Dealing with Personal Information
Personal information is used by Mainstream Fund Services to correctly administer customer relationships while at the same time complying with the legislative framework which we operate in (eg AML/CTF legislation, correct withholding tax rates charged).
Personal information is maintained under unique customer identifiers, and will only be shared with other staff members within Mainstream Fund Services when there is a legitimate business reason. Mainstream Fund Services may disclose an investor's personal information to the following parties:
- The financial adviser authorised by the investor either on the initial application form or subsequent correspondence.
- Any party as required to fulfill our legal obligations.
- The Investment Manager or the Responsible Entity of the Fund.
- Service providers who provide services in connection with our products and services.
Mainstream Fund Services does not sell personal information. From time to time, a client might instruct Mainstream Fund Services to inform an individual of an investment opportunity or to provide information which might be of interest. An individual can elect to opt out of receiving these communications if requested.
Integrity of Personal Information
Mainstream Fund Services takes reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect and store is correct and current.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the personal information once it is collected. This includes protecting it from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Access to & Correction of Personal Information
On request from the individual, Mainstream Fund Services will provide access to the up to date information we hold on them. Mainstream Fund Services will correct any errors in personal information once notified by the individual.
Phone: +61 2 9247 3326
Fax: +61 2 9251 3525
Mainstream Fund Services
Attention: Compliance Officer
GPO Box 4968
Sydney NSW 2001